Approval tickets are east to set up within DeskDirector. However, Autotask users need to take an extra step, this is detailed at the end of this article.
The workflow for Approval tickets is as follows:
- The client chooses a ticket type in DeskDirector, these request types are fed from and configured in the DeskDirector Admin Console
- When the ticket is submitted, it is created with a set status, DeskDirector has been told that this status is one that is used for tickets requiring approval.
- Approvers who you have selected for that client (by giving them Approver permissions in the admin console) then automatically receive an email informing them a ticket has been submitted that needs their approval. These same people will also see in DeskDirector the Approvals section with a count showing any tickets that need approval.
- From here they can open the ticket and grant or decline it.
- If the ticket is declined, the reason for this decision is added to the ticket as a ticket note. Whichever the decision was, the ticket will change to the according status (Approval Granted/Declined) based on what you set in the Admin Console.
- An email is then triggered to all approvers letting them know that the ticket has been approved or declined.
Creating request types:
In order to create a request type that needs approval, you just need to make a request type as usual in your Admin Console. The only difference between an approval ticket and a normal request type is that the approval ticket will have the status the ticket should come in under as "Approval Required" or whichever status you have set to be equivalent to this.
For autotask users:
If you don't have approval statuses or want to rename them, navigate to the queue you want to set up for approval and add a status for the following states:
- Approval Required
- Approval Granted
- Approval Denied
Following this, go to the General Configurations in the DeskDirector admin console, and set up the relevant queue status for each of the approval states.