Setting up Notifications
The Notification feature allows users to receive alerts on their desktops for certain events. These notifications appear on the desktop and can be dismissed by the user, or they close after 10 seconds.
The client will be notified when:
- A ticket status is changed
- Notes or time entries have been added
- A company broadcast from the Staff HUD
All notifications can be viewed in the client as shown. Along the top, there are some controls:
- Mark as read - will mark all notifications as read, removing them from view
- Refresh - updates the list of notifications, adding any newly received ones to the list
- Previous and Next Page - when there are too many notifications to be displayed on one page, these can be used to navigate the pages
- Settings - under this menu is an option to Show Read. This will include all read notifications in the list, allowing you to review past notifications
1. Enable Notifications
To enable notifications, head to the Notifications page under the Configuration tab in the Admin Console and simply tick the 'Enable Notifications' box. Don't forget to Save Settings.
Once enabled, notifications will be available to all of your clients. To limit which companies or contacts receive notifications, add the companies or contacts to the filter.
We recommend limiting this feature to individual clients as you update each one.
2. Enable Notifications on select boards/queues
Select a board/queue and you will see a button to enable Notifications. Once this is done you will see a blue tick next to the boards/queues that have Notifications enabled.
3.Set up notification filters
Under notification filters you can enable companies and contact whom will receive ticket notifications. It is an OR filter, so this must be taken into account when setting up the filters.
Set Up Ticket Notification Status Exceptions
This feature allows you to control which statuses trigger notifications. By entering a status name, whenever a ticket enters one of these statuses, there will not be a notification.