Here are our release notes for the latest version of the DD Server, version 18.
There is a new server release schedule we are putting in place with v18.
When a new server version is ready, it will be internally tested from that Monday in our internal servers. On the Wednesday of that week, it will be released to Australia/New Zealand. Then on the Monday of the next week, we will release to EU and all of US. This means that the servers mentioned on this article might be ahead of what you have, this is fine and you should be updated within a week.
Note: Omitted releases consist of internal changes.
- FIX: DD-TECH issue with ticket contact displayed on first note.
- FIX: DD-TECH creating ticket won't add tech as ticket owner.
- FIX: DD-TECH assign me should put engineer as owner if ticket owner is empty.
- IMPROVEMENT: "Apply type and status filters to Company Configs" available under Company Security.
- IMPROVEMENT: UI update on admin company page for Firefox.
- IMPROVEMENT: Removing ticket owner from Approval Required ticket emails TO list. Ticket owner will be added to CC.
- FIX: DD-TECH PDF attachments inside timeline being treated as images.
- FEATURE: DD Advantage notification to teams channel for MSP enable or disable features.
- FIX: DD-TECH create ticket no longer sets tech as owner of ticket.
- FIX: DD-TECH Assign Me will set ticket owner if there isn't one already.
- RELEASE: Company specific Help Page
- IMPROVEMENT: Ability to remove DDForm from request type
- FIX: Bug with ConnectWise RESTful ticket detail implementations. Where time entry with internal ticket note was missing from timeline.
- FIX: Master Admin setup page from old admin login
- RELEASE:CW RESTful create ticket logic
- IMPROVEMENT: Add database region info to system info API
- IMPROVEMENT: DD-Forms editor now able to order choices
- IMPROVEMENT: New API for Portal/ DD-TECH to retrieve ticket history (history we record, not CW audit)
- RELEASE: New API for Portal/DD-TECH to attach file links to ticket
- RELEASE: New API to find contacts by phone number for DD-TECH and Public API
- RELEASE: Implement company's domain SID, email domain reporting.
- RELEASE: Implemented API for request info for both DD-TECH and DD-Portal
- RELEASE: Request info on ticket will now send out email, this can be turn off on admin console
- RELEASE: DD-TECH have API to add request info on ticket or delete such request
- RELEASE: Implement webhook for request info. If emails are disabled for request info they can process by webhook.
- RELEASE: Add missing holidays background sync task. This allow server to automatically fetch next year's holidays definition
- RELEASE: Implemented live tickets phase 2. New API to mark ticket as read and check if ticket have been read. This API is available for both DD-TECH and DD-Portal
- FIX: Admin console companies brand's upload field, so it won't push upload button off screen.
- IMPROVEMENT: Change refresh link to button inside admin console's learning on One Note.
- FIX: Autotask's admin console. Passwordless page's global key login URL had invalid char that cause global link to not functional.
- IMPROVEMENT: Upload attachment for ticket now changed its behavior. It will upload to our Azure blob storage, and save attachment as link inside CW/AT ticket.
- IMPROVEMENT: Add support for Autotask to show ticket attachment. (only for attachments uploaded by portal or tech)
- RELEASE: Implement CSV reports on admin console's company and contact page. This allows admin to generate report for companies or contacts that have permissions enabled.
- FIX: Re-implemented upload company brand and ICO API. Resolve failed upload doesn't have error message
- FIX: DD-TECH's API on get CW WorkTypes. This now works for ConnectWise RESTful credential. (Previous only works for server which have SOAP enabled.)
- RELEASE: Office hours setting and API (Portal and DD-TECH can show next available office hours. Portal can disable chat or show when to expect reply for newly created tickets)
- IMPROVEMENT: Implement admin/password deprecation page. Customers logging in with admin/password will have a chance to set master admins. This is only for US and EU where their password has not been reset.
- RELEASE: Implement API to parse phone number.
Server 18.25.2 - Hotfix Release
- IMPROVEMENT - Allow admin login through OAuth without data been synced over
- FIX - CW - Fixed issue where HUD or TECH tickets would create duplicate ticket notes.
- IMPROVEMENT - Admin console's contact support now goes to support.deskdirector.com website instead of email to email@example.com
- IMPROVEMENT - Warning on admin login page for people cannot login with admin/password
- FIX - Removed Admin login from sites. Clients to log in with PSA details.
- IMPROVEMENT - Ticket note cleaning maid. Scans email ticket notes and cleans out replies, signatures and also making MSFT safe links are easier to read.
- FIX - AT - Fix null reference exception for Autotask sync task
- RELEASE - Ability to delete Engineer or Customer's avatar.
- RELEASE - Allow Admin Console members to delete database cache.
- IMPROVEMENT - Form editor now deselects focused field after saving.
- NEW FEATURE - Ensure VIP priority for ticket not created by DeskDirector. This can be turned on inside the Admin Console under General Configuration > General.
- FIX - DD-TECH - Tickets without contacts sometimes failed to be updated.
- FIX - CW - Scheduled ticket query improvements.
- FIX - AT - Ticket cannot be created because of empty internal note.
- FIX - DD-FORMS - Preview on admin console would go directly to the last section.
- IMPROVEMENT - Daily ticket resync will verify whether closed date have been changed.
- FIX - CW - Fix tickets query with legacy tickets where impact was null, causing sync issues.
- IMPROVEMENT - Update QuoteWerks Script to add more error logging.
- IMPROVEMENT - OAuth API implemented for portal (note: this is not released, just the foundation)
- IMPROVEMENT - DDForms Field condition supported inside editor
- FIX - DDForms - Address Auto-completion fix
- FIX - DDForms UI editor fix - where user save form while in preview mode, it blocks user from editing form again.
- RELEASE - Forms - Ability to add webhook endpoint from form
- RELEASE - Forms - Add webhook instruction page for each form
- RELEASE - Forms - Add form result page for each form
- RELEASE - Forms - Ability to trigger a webhook a second time from results page
- FIX - QuoteWerks quote management page
- FIX - QuoteWerks script has been fixed to use
Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0for HTTP request.
- IMPROVEMENT - ConnectWise General Configuration page. Remove some legacy settings.
- RELEASE - Allow clone form on admin console
- FIX - CW - Connectwise 2017.6 breaking change, where service subtype item's association list is present at different service location
- FIX - CW - DDTECH - Schedule list will be retrieved through reporting API, to avoid ConnectWise bug
- FIX - Fix create ticket with form error.
- FIX - CW - ConnectWise 2017.6 issue with their RESTful models change. (Board, Status, Type, SubType, Item, ItemAssociation)
- IMPROVEMENT - DDTECH - Add service to retrieve connectwise ticket detail and ability to update type and subtype
- IMPROVEMENT - AT - DDTECH - Ticket's 'can assign; flag will only be true when ticket is not assigned
- FIX - CW - DDTECH - Ticket's 'can assign' flag will be true if ticket is not assigned
- RELEASE - WisePay integration now fully ready
- RELEASE - Office Authentication for Admin Console
- IMPROVEMENT - Add Time Entries API test for ConnectWise RESTful API test
- FIX - Autotask ticket detail error when the ticket doesn't have a contact
Server 18.13.0 - Beta Release
- FIX - Autotask Clients were unable to submit tickets, beta server version with fix was released to them.
- FIX - Add new request type error when there is no request type
- FIX - Autotask ticket URL in Staff HUD
- FIX - Autotask FastTrack option, were error would appear
- FIX - CW File upload on Portal, were quotes in file name would cause error
- IMPROVEMENT - Add limit on amount of request types to 600
- FIX - Avoid AT create ticket error using inactive sub issue type
- FIX - CW contact profile now uses company instead of company reference. This avoids error when the company identifier has been changed. So when a user creates a ticket, it won't use reference data but actual data.
- FIX - Typo on Admin Console (Request Types)
- IMPROVEMENT - Invoice PDF API
- FIX - legacy CW member schedule query fix
- FIX - CW Closed status in portal will now use any status without checking if it is a closed status
- RELEASE - WisePay integration backend ready, waiting on front end before release
- RELEASE - Add WisePay and Bigger Brains to licensing page
- FIX - Automatic email flags will now follow board settings
- FIX - CW Create contact with API 3.0
- IMPROVEMENT - New Filter page for the Learning Center in Admin Console
- IMPROVEMENT - Improve Today's Schedule service to include scheduled items with no time
- FIX - AT Password login for portal
- RELEASE - Import Wufoo form to DD-Forms
- IMPROVEMENT - Add flag to not include internal note on ticket creation
- FIX - Fix member password login for CW 2017.4
- IMPROVEMENT - add yes_no field to form editor
- FIX - CW member sync (RESTful). Default email field had wrong value.
Server 18.1.1 ~ 18.1.3:
- FIX - CW RESTful API create ticket issue - initial description was created under API member
- RELEASE - DDForms now available for everyone
- IMPROVEMENT - CW company sync now includes lead
- IMPROVEMENT - CW company sync now includes inactive contacts
Version 18 of DeskDirector brings a lot of changes to the server backend which will allow for future features and improvements.
One of the main changes for ConnectWise clients is that we can fully support the ConnectWise RESTful API. We recommend all clients change to RESTful API.
You can read more on that here. Soon we will start pushing for all to change to RESTful.