Note: Omitted releases consist of internal changes.
- IMPROVEMENT: Use new screen-capture API for the desktop client. This enables the screenshot functionality to capture all displays.
- IMPROVEMENT: Update electron version from v1.7.9 to v1.8.4.
- FIX: Show paid column for Invoices at all times. Previously was hidden when MSP had turned off 'enable paid/unpaid invoice'
- FIX: Implement regular polling for notifications. The polling rate means that it could take up to 10 minutes for a Broadcast to update in the portal.
- RELEASE: Conditional field support in DD-Forms.
- FIX: DD-Forms wouldn't load under certain conditions
- FIX: 'Chat on this ticket' button wouldn't appear immediately
- FIX: New users are created with their FirstName as the first part of their email using V1
- FIX: Long ticket titles, displayed at the top of the ticket page, would overflow and look bad.
- IMPROVEMENT: Added the full ticket title to the "Details Tab".
- IMPROVEMENT: CW - Whenever an "External invoice site" is set up (e.g. connectbooster), but fails to load for some reason, the client will fall-back to ConnectWise based invoices without error.
- FIX: Users could highlight text on a ticket page, and when dragged, would activate the 'Drop here to upload' image.
- IMPROVEMENT: Removed the 'Approved' column from quotes.
- FIX: 'Paid' / 'Unpaid' filters with invoices did not correctly filter the invoices.
- FIX: PDF's wouldn't render full-size on the desktop client.
- FIX: 'Go to settings' and 'Go to your details' menu items from the Application Tray. These no longer work with PortalV2.
- FIX: Invoice PDF's would not display an inline PDF, instead prompting the user to download. These display inline again.
- FIX: Application would relaunch to full screen on auto-update. The application now restarts to the system tray after is has auto-updated.
- FIX: Issue where some side-nav items wouldn't appear in certain situations
- FIX: Issue where the application didn't close when clicking File -> Close
- IMPROVEMENT: Update electron dependency from 1.6.11 -> 1.7.9
- IMPROVEMENT: Remove the 'Help' option in the nav.
- FEATURE: Add the ability to enter Diagnostic Mode by hitting Ctrl+Shift+O
- IMPROVEMENT: Removed the global shortcut that opens the developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I).
This is now a window shortcut instead of a global one. i.e. the application window has to be open and visible for this to work.
- FIX: Issue where trying to flag a Quote/Invoice would result in the flag dialog automatically closing, and the quote/invoice dialog showing instead.
- FIX: Issue where the login-logo would not scale nicely. It now scales the same way the nav-bar logo (in app) scales. This restricts the logo to a max-height and max-width of 200px, while maintaining the correct aspect ratio
- FIX: Issue where the "Refresh" button on a ticket didn't actually do anything.
- FIX: Issue where links inside Markdown content (i.e. timeline item notes) wouldn't open in a new tab. Now all links inside Markdown rendered content will open in a new tab. This also fixes a related issue with the desktop client, where clicking one of these links navigated the entire app away (user had to close to restart)
- IMPROVEMENT: The QRCode inside the settings dialog is now hidden unless the user requests one to be generated. The QRCode now no longer continuously refreshes, but will instead expire and hide, until the user requests another.
- IMPROVEMENT: Increase the scrollbar width in the app from 4px to 12px.
- FIX: Issue where navigating to any of the 'Approval' ticket states, would prevent the user from then navigating to Open/Closed tickets successfully. (open/closed tickets simply wouldn't load)
- IMPROVEMENTS: Several improvements to the Ticket Input component.
- Centered the input area.
- Display a "spinner" while the message/attachment is being sent.
- Disable the input area while the message is being sent.
- Grey out the 'Send' icon when the user is unable to send a message (i.e. they haven't entered anything)
- FIX: Issue with the 'updateAndRestart' method.
- IMPROVEMENT: Update squirrel from v1.2.5 to v1.5.2
- IMPROVEMENT: The app will now completely rely on Squirrel in order to create shortcuts. This includes desktop, start menu and start up shortcuts. Previously we had custom logic to create our own start up shortcuts, but with the change in how squirrel hooks into and runs the app, this is no longer viable.
- IMPROVEMENT: The learning center will no longer show on the side nav if there are no learning center items to show.
- FEATURE: Basic Request Types and DD Forms now support attachments and screenshots during ticket creation
- FIX: Issue with forms validation. "greater_than" validation was being replaced with "greater_than_or_equal" validation.
- FIX: The file-name in ticket attachment widgets will no longer overflow the widget.
- FIX: Issues related to using the latest squirrel version
- FIX: Issues with ReleaseScript
- FIX: Issue where 'Request Support' inside the Tray menu, would not redirect the user to the CreateTicket screen.
Portal 2 only updates
- IMPROVEMENT: Implement deep-linking for Quotes and Invoices by their ID
- IMPROVEMENT: Implement deep-linking for displaying close/approve dialogs, when linking to a ticket by ID.
- IMPROVEMENT: Implement deep-linking for immediately starting a chat, when linking to a ticket by ID.
- IMPROVEMENT: Implement desktop notification on chat request.
- IMPROVEMENT: Ticket Navigation -> The "MyTickets"/"Everyone's Tickets" filter is now preserved when navigating between screens.
- FIX: Issue where the aspect-ratio of the branded logo was incorrect.
- FIX: Issue where "Info" type notifications would not create a desktop notification.
- FIX: Fix build scripts. Add version to the config.json, as this is no longer pulled from package.json inside the application.
- IMPROVEMENTS: Changes to build system
- FIX: Issue where the learning center wouldn't show correctly even if enabled.
- FIX: Issue where the ticket title/summary templates did not show correctly
- FIX: Issue where the user's STATE would be stuck on AWAY once it switched to AWAY.
- IMPROVEMENT: Electron version from 1.4.12 -> 1.6.11. This fixed several issues including bugs with event-listeners on web-views (CB issues)
- IMPROVEMENT: Explicit logging of the current application version (useful for Terminal Server environment)
- FIX: Issue where the application would not close correctly on mac OS.
- FIX: Issue where connect-booster ( and any webview would not load correctly )
- FIX: Issue where the portal loading sequences would be skipped if the application started minimized.
- FIX: Issue where the login-screen logo wouldn't show when DDPortal was installed under paths containing special characters.
- FIX: Issue where logo/icon resources weren't displaying on the login screen if the path had spaces or parenthesis.
- FIX: Issue where the client would hang on 'Connecting...'
- FIX: Issue where the portal v1/v2 toggles in the admin console wouldn't force the client to switch over.
- FIX: Issue where the offline screen wasn't working.
- FIX: Issue where the msps logo, on the login screen, was not restricted in size.
- FIX: Issue where the login screen was not scrollable. This presented an issue for users with limited vertical space, or those running the application in a non-fullscreen window
- FIX: Issue where screenshot previews wouldn't render correctly in portalV1
- FIX: Issue where screenshots would upload with the incorrect name and without the 'jpeg' extension, making them unable to be opened.
- FIX: Issue where portalV2 material theming wasn't being recognised
- FIX: Issue where wufoo forms inside of the new-ticket panel weren't rendering correctly.
- FIX: Issue where Portal1 would display 'undefined' in notifications.
- FIX: Fix an issue where users wouldn't be logged in automatically when using Portal2
- FIX: Issue where switching between wufoo forms in 'Create New Ticket' wouldn't change the form.
- FIX: Issue with 1.25 where the 'Update and Restart' menu button wasn't working correctly.
- FEATURE: Added support for multi-user logins.
- FEATURE: Added a notification count badge to the task-bar icon in Windows.
- FIX: Issue where pdf content would prompt for the user to download e.g. viewing invoices.
- FIX: Issue where pdf content opened in a new window would prompt for download e.g. pdfs in connectbooster
- FIX: Fix an issue with creating contact on login
- FIX: Issue where links opening to external windows wasn't working correctly.
- CHANGE: Removed ability for the user to open links using the 'file:' protocol in the app. This means the user can no longer Ctrl+Click or Middle-Click around the app to open things in new windows, since the app is opened using the 'file:' protocol. This caused issues and crashed the app. This doesn't affect external content opening in new windows (as this will use http or https)
- IMPROVEMENT: Refactored internal code
- IMPROVEMENT: Updated portal v2 version 2.0.0 to 2.0.1
- FIX: Issue where the application wouldn't load on mac OS
- FIX: Issue where users couldn't toggle portal versions
- FIX: Issue associated with opening external links.
- IMPROVEMENT: updated logging process.
- IMPROVEMENT: Refactored ScreenConnect module.
- IMPROVEMENT: Refactored implementation of PDF renderer.
- IMPROVEMENT: Refactored internal code.
- FEATURE: Added in the ability to switch to portal v2.
- FIX: Issue where connectivity was detected as offline, when there was a proxy present.
- FIX: Issue associated with automatic updates when a proxy was present.
- IMPROVEMENT: replaced DDGetSid tool with a version targeting .NET v4.5, this removes the dependency on .NET 3.5.
- IMPROVEMENT: Changed the way DDGetSid.exe is executed by node to improve the SID retrieval process for Terminal server users.
- FIX: Shortcut issue.
- FIX: Issue where Wufoo form submissions returned an error.
- FIX: Shortcut issue.
- FIX: Issue where cookies weren't being saved.
- FIX: Issue where client wouldn't restart correctly on update.
- FIX: Issue where the program icon in add/remove programs would become corrupted on update.
- IMPROVEMENT: Changed the way that online detection works.
- IMPROVEMENT: Added a new method of retrieving active directory user emails and names.
- FEATURE: Added 'Take Screenshot' function to the 'Add ticket note' modal for a ticket.
- FEATURE: Added client help page button to the profile screen.
- FIX: Issue with sidebar not scrolling.
- FIX: Issue with deep linking not working on macOS.
- FIX: Issue where the learningID deeplink wasn't working correctly.
- IMPROVEMENT: Application should automatically update when the user is away (inactive for 15minutes).
- FIX: Issue where automatic login wasn't working for some users of active directory.
- FEATURE: Added deeplinking with the ddportal:// protocol
- IMPROVEMENT: Notification settings now default to ON rather than OFF.
- FEATURE: Machine details added as an internal note when submitting a ticket.